TOP 10 TIMES THE BIBLE TELLS YOU TO STFU
First of all, for the record, my STFU means Stop Talking For Universe or Save The Flying Unicorns.
Have you ever been in a situation where you really want to give some a good piece of your mind, or maybe even just one word that will make them go and think about their whole life and that of their ancestors?
But then, you now remember that you are a Christian.
But then, you now remember that even Jesus Christ had verbally and physically challenged the people selling market in the temple.
But then you now remember that the same Jesus said we should turn the other cheek, and that this matter is not actually an “I’m defending my father’s house” matter.
So you have this brief inner struggle about whether to keep this person quiet or finish them with your mouth.
And if you’re like me, 50% of the time you may end up keeping quiet, the other 50% of the time…Let’s just thank God for his loving and forgiving nature.
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you are not sure if you should speak or stay silent, here are the top 10 times the bible says you should STFU.
1. When you are pissed – Prv 14:17
2. When you don’t have the full details – Proverbs 18:13
3. When it is a private matter. Proverbs 14:10
4. If it’s a lie. Proverbs 4:24
5. If it could make you look foolish. Proverbs 17:27-28
6. If you’ve said it once or twice before. Proverbs. 19:13
7. When you feel like complaining. Lamentations 3:28-29
8. When you feel like running your mouth. Proverbs. 10:19
9. When people provoke you. Isaiah 53:7
10. If you want to stay out of trouble. Proverbs 21:23
Which of these verses apply to you the most?